- To seek full acceptance and welcome for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered persons in the Churches in Ireland.
- The blessing of same-sex relationships in church using an authorised liturgy.
- Working towards change in the official teaching and attitude of the Churches in Ireland.
- Equality of opportunity for LGBT people, including the ordination and preferment of partnered lesbian and gay clergy.
We believe that:
- there is integrity in being both Christian and gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgendered.
- gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered people are called by God to express their sexuality in loving, faithful and committed relationships.
- same-sex orientation is a God-given reality for a large minority of people, not a sin or a sickness.
- as the positive contribution of the gay community towards society becomes clearer, the church’s mission to this expanding group becomes urgent.
- The lives of Christian gay lesbian, bisexual and transgendered people can offer evidence of the fruit of the Spirit
Prejudice is unacceptable:
- our present experience requires a re-evaluation of scripture and tradition
- to be gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgendered is not limited to sexual activity or sexual identity but encompasses every dimension of life
- prejudice against gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgendered people in the church is as unacceptable as racism or prejudice against women
- the church should stop colluding with cultural repression and discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered people in all parts of the world.